BP Oil Spill Town Meeting Tuesday | News
Clearwater Beach, Florida - Terms of the recent BP Oil Spill settlement will be explained to affected business and residents at a Town Meeting to be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Clearwater Beach Hilton.
The meeting and several others held elsewhere are being organized by a coalition of seven law firms known as "Business by the Beach."
The Florida coordinator is the Tampa Law office of Thomas L. Young.
The settlement agreement was reached last March 2. It replaces the Gulf Coast Claims Facility that has been administered by Kenneth Keinberg.
In addition to the Clearwater Beach meeting, others are scheduled for:
Tuesday, April 10
2 p.m. - Riverside Resort, Homosassa
Wednesday, April 11
Noon - Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
6 p.m. Hyatt Regency Sarasota
Thursday, April 12
2 p.m. - Diamondhead Beach Resort, Fort Myers
6 p.m. - Harborside Event Center, Fort Myers
Friday, April 13
10 a.m. - 'Tween Waters Resort, Captiva
Persons attending the meetings are asked to RSVP.
For more information, visit Business by the Beach.
Top Clearwater Beach Stories
Upcoming Events near Clearwater Beach
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 14-year-old struck by car on US 19 in Clearwater
- County offices to close for Memorial Day, May 27
- Air Force vet gets new set of wheels to financial freedom
- Public Works Day Features Competition of North Pinellas Utility Professionals
- Summer Haul Passes now available with unlimited transportation for youth