Talks held over marina souvenir shop eviction | News
Clearwater, Florida - The city council tonight authorized the city attorney to begin eviction proceedings against the Gift and Souvenir Shop in the Beach Marina.
The move was seen as an inducement for talks with the shop owners to negotiate an end of business there, without the need for an actual eviction order.
The shop, a fixture at the marina for many years, was operated under a lease with owners George and Dara Greene, both of whom died last year. The couple's daughter now owns the business with her brother and sister.
The city attorney had stated the lease, which ran through September 2014, actually terminated when the holders of the lease died, and the city has the legal right to evict the business.
The resolution authorizing the city attorney to bring eviction proceedings if necessary was approved unanimously on the city's consent agenda.
Upcoming Events near Clearwater Beach
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dancing and live entertainment at Largo's Holiday Showcase Event
- ONLY ON 10: Man goes to Philippines to find in-laws
- Florida Botanical Gardens holiday light display opens
- World's premier Chinese acrobatic company coming to Largo Cultural Center
- Largo rape suspect still at large after attacking 60-year-old